Select Language:


If your complaint involves any of the topics listed below, please DO NOT use this form, but rather follow the instructions provided in parenthesis.

  • Quality of education received while attending a college, university or trade school. (contact the local Better Business Bureau, the school's accrediting agency, the state licensing agency or State Board of Higher Education)
  • The Internal Revenue Service has or will offset income tax returns; the repayment of student loans; and the improper garnishment of wages. (contact Office of Debt Collection Services on 1-800-621-3115, 202-377-3373 or 202-377-3374 or at
  • An improper accounting of a student loan concerning a collection agency or loan service center. (contact the FSA, Ombudsman's Toll Free Number 1-877-557-2575)
  • Financial Aid Information. (contact Federal Aid Information Center on 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243)
  • Direct Loan:

    • Origination Center
      Application Service 1-800-557-7394
      School Relations 1-800-848-0978
      Consolidation 1-800-557-7392
      TDD 1-800-557-7395

    • Servicing Center
      Borrower Services 1-800-848-0979
      School relations 1-800-848-0978
      Collections 1-800-848-0981
      TDD - 1-800-848-0983
  • Foreign schools. (contact Region II at 202-377-3168)
  • Closed schools or a loan cancellation because the school closed while attending. (contact State Liaison and Case Management and Oversight Division on 202-377-4374 or use the website
  • Special education services received by you or a child, disability, rehabilitation services or developmental programs. (contact the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services at 202-245-7459)
  • Discrimination complaints, civil rights compliance issues or OCR Customer Service Team.(contact Office for Civil Rights on 1-800-421-3481 or 202-245-6800 or file an OCR Electronic Complaint Form)
  • Drug free schools, drug abuse prevention, safe schools and to obtain material. (contact Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools on 1-800-624-0100 or 202-260-3954)
  • Technical assistance with school to work - Mediation between a borrower and a loan servicing center, problems with receiving student loan documents from your loan servicer, problems with disability forms or loan cancellations. (contact the Office of the Ombudsman on 1-877-557-2575)
  • Information on ED programs, agenda, publications, videos, directory assistance for ED, information made available by fax and referrals to Department specialist or other experts. (contact 1-800-USA-LEARN)